Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

FTC Disclosure

I review books on a regular basis. These books are usually provided by the publisher or author. I am not paid for my reviews in any way.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Canary List-A Book That Will REALLY Get You Thinking!

From the back cover:

Protected by the dark of night, Jaimie Piper runs. But is anywhere safe when Evil is hunting you?

She’s just a twelve year-old girl, bumped around between foster homes and relegated to school classes for challenged kids, those lagging in their test scores or with behavioral issues. But her real problem is that she can sense something the other kids can’t—something dark. Something compelling her to run for her life.

All Crockett Grey wants is to mark the anniversary of his daughter’s death alone.

But when his student Jaimie comes to him, terrified, her need for protection collides with his grief, and a tangled web of bizarre events sends them both spiraling toward destruction.

Crockett’s one hope of getting his life back is to uncover the mysterious secrets of Jaimie’s past and her strange gift. It isn’t long before his discoveries lead him to a darker conspiracy, secrets guarded by the highest seat of power in the world—the Vatican.


I wasn't sure what to expect when I started reading this book. It was not at all what I had expected the storyline to be. I did not find much of a Christian message in the book at all. I did learn quite a bit about the Catholic church and some of their ceremonies. Even though this book is fiction, I found some of the information to be very possible and probably not far off the mark. EVIL is everywhere, even in the Vatican and Catholic church. Think of all the crime committed against children that takes place in the Catholic church...that is evil alone.
I think this book was interesting-but it may not be for everyone. I think this book was interesting, definitely a story that will really get you thinking. I had to finish it to see what would happen in the end and even then I was not very satisfied with the finale.
A good read but not one which I would give five stars to.
This book was given to me by Waterbrook Multnomah Publishing Company to review, I was not paid or rewarded for my review in any way.

Deborah

No comments:

ChristianBookVideos.com

Pearls Girls

Woven By Words

Google Friend Connect

Southern Sassy Things Blog

Reviews By Molly

Reviews By Molly”=

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Labels