Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

FTC Disclosure

I review books on a regular basis. These books are usually provided by the publisher or author. I am not paid for my reviews in any way.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Sometimes Being Bold Pays Off!

So I was on Twitter awhile back and saw that an author shared about a book he had written. I took a bold step and tweeted to him. I said, "I blog about books and I am in a book club and if you would send me a copy of your book I would love to write a review and post it for you on my blog and on Amazon for you, along with discussing it at our next Book Club meeting." I waited thinking this would be a long shot, put it didn't take long for the author Michael Barnett to contact me to let me know he was sending me a copy of his book "Eden Fading" to review.
The story is set in 1961 the main character is a little boy named Danny, who at this time is only three years old. The story is told from the view of what I perceive to be as guardian angels who are watching over the little boys. Danny has two younger brothers named Wayne and Eddie. The boys like to play together and then Danny likes to "go overboard" with his imagination and rough housing, to the extent that you don't know where the lines of good and evil are anymore. He definitely has some spiritual battles going on, even at three years old. Danny has become the king manipulator and also great at getting his younger brother Wayne to join in on his plans. It is either join him or fall victim to his plans.
Mom and Dad have gotten to even "fear" their own boys, and at one point in the book go to the extreme of strapping the boys to their beds at night so they don't sneak out to create more trouble.
As the story progresses and the boys get older, so does the extent of their creativity and dangerous mischief. Their brother Eddie is now joining in on the fighting and trouble and they now have another little brother name Lee who has fallen victim to their antics. Some are laugh out loud funny, some are shocking that I wondered how any child could survive, except Guardian Angels watching over them.

The story kept my attention, I wanted to know what was going to happen next. Hoping nothing "horrible" was going to happen. I have a favorite part at the end of the book a moment between Danny and his mother. It made me smile, warmed my heart.I have one son, and two daughters. My son was totally accident prone, and I know he must have had a couple Guardian Angels watching over him to survive some of the things he did. It makes me laugh to think about it now, but I was not laughing back then.
I think Danny, Wayne, Eddie and Lee's mom must have been an incredible woman, she went through so much with those boys! That woman deserved an award!

Seriously, I enjoyed this book. It was different than I thought it was going to be, but it was real and well written! I recommend it and I hope the author had success with it. I appreciate the trust that was given to me in sending me a copy and in letting me write a review!

1 comment:

Tracy Krauss said...

Sometimes it pays to just ask! The worst that can happen is they'll say "No"

ChristianBookVideos.com

Pearls Girls

Woven By Words

Google Friend Connect

Southern Sassy Things Blog

Reviews By Molly

Reviews By Molly”=

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Labels