Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

FTC Disclosure

I review books on a regular basis. These books are usually provided by the publisher or author. I am not paid for my reviews in any way.

Friday, October 14, 2011

The First Gardener-by Denise Hildreth Jones

When I got the opportunity to review this book from Tyndale House, I did not hesitate. I have heard such wonderful things about this author and I have had several of her other books on my wish TBR list as well. Including her Savannah series.

Jeremiah Williams has been taking care of the gardens at the Tennessee governors mansion for the past 25 years. He has cared and prayed for its residents as well. There is something special though about the current family. Jeremiah wonders if all the hurt and unjust treatment he's gone through in life have been so that he could be with this family at this specific time.

Governor Gray London and his wife Mackenzie, struggled with infertility and miscarriages for years. Now it seems that all their dreams have come true. Their miracle baby, Maddie, is heading off to kindergarten, and Gray is making a real difference as governor.

When tragedy strikes again and again, the London's are thrust into circumstances they don't know if they can survive, and they're not sure they even want to.

What is God doing in their life? Is he really even there? How could he love them and let these kinds of things happen?

It's a real story of life . . . and death, forgiveness,faith, depression and broken dreams.

One of my favorite quotes from Jeremiah was when he said in his southern accent " . . . Maybe this what the last thirty years been for. Maybe this why I gone through ever'thing I gone through, see ever'thing I see, hear ever'thing I hear. `Cause this family need me. 'Cause there be some way I can make a difference, even if it's only prayin' for an ornery ol' woman..."

This story is packed with emotion. The characters literally leap off the pages and into your heart. You will definitely need a box of kleenex as you prepare to read the book.
I definitley recommend the book, but it is not an easy, lighthearted read. Although it is not one you will forget anytime soon!
I look forward to reading more of Denise's books. She is a very gifted author who knows how to tell a story.
I want to thank Tyndale for trusting me with a copy of this book to give my honest review to post on my blog and share with others.

No comments:

ChristianBookVideos.com

Pearls Girls

Woven By Words

Google Friend Connect

Southern Sassy Things Blog

Reviews By Molly

Reviews By Molly”=

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Labels