Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

FTC Disclosure

I review books on a regular basis. These books are usually provided by the publisher or author. I am not paid for my reviews in any way.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

You Shine, IShine, We All Shine For Jesus!

I was really excited when I got the opportunity to review this Bible. I knew it was going to be perfect for our daughter. The IShine Bible we received was the pink one with the leather cover with stars and girls joining hand-in-hand on it. The size was perfect to fit in a purse, backpack, ready to take anywhere.
Looking inside we were really impressed with the question and answer section. It dealt with all the issues that tweens deal with today. Self esteem, anger, teachers, peers, even questions about their own faith.
The Bible version itself was the New Living Translation, and it was very easy for a tween to read and understand. I know that for anyone that has a difficult time understanding the Bible and what it is saying, this would make it so much easier. My husband and I really loved the colored sections that emphasized that each tween is a V.I.P. in God's eyes. "V: you have value in God's eyes. I: your identity is found only in Jesus Christ-and wow does that mean a lot! P: because of the V and the I, you have a special purpose in the world."
Our daughter lives in another state with her mom and step-dad, so when the IShine Bible arrived in the mail,I immediately called her up and told her about it. I read to her the back of what V.I.P. meant and a little of the colored pages, she was so excited and said "when are you going to send it to me?"
I know she will love it as much as we did. I would recommend it to all tweens and even older teens who have trouble understanding the Bible.

No comments:

ChristianBookVideos.com

Pearls Girls

Woven By Words

Google Friend Connect

Southern Sassy Things Blog

Reviews By Molly

Reviews By Molly”=

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Labels