Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

FTC Disclosure

I review books on a regular basis. These books are usually provided by the publisher or author. I am not paid for my reviews in any way.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Great Interview

Hello my friends!
Our Book Club had a great speakerphone interview today with author, Mary Connealy. We found her to be very delightful and funny. I was not surprised, of course. It was so easy to pass the phone around and everyone had several questions that they wanted to ask her. She was snowed in at her home in Nebraska, so she was not planning on going anywhere today. We all learned more about her, how she got started writing, that she wrote for several years before she finally got published, but she did not give up. We are so glad she did not, because she is a very talented and gifted author! The ladies in our group look forward to reading more of the books that she has written and has in the works, as well.
We also voted on the books for the next 2 months. February's Book Selection will be "Ruby's Slipper's" by Leanna Ellis, and for March we will be reading "Watch Over Me" by Christa Parrish. Both of these books are going to be GREAT reads. Those of you who were not able to make it today, you were sorely missed, but please get your books and join us these next few months, we are going to have a fun-filled reading year!
If you go over to Lucie's blog, she will be doing a giveaway for "Watch Over Me" and you might be the lucky winner of that book!
Blessings* Deborah

4 comments:

unidiverse said...

I enjoyed the phone interview very much. Mary was nice to talk to as she shared pieces of her life with us. Her "day job" as a GED instructor for the Omaha Indian Reservation really touched my heart. When I was reading her book, I could tell that she was really good person (only such a person could create such a wonderful character as Ruby), but then to hear how she subsribes to book clubs just that she could help create a library for people who would not have one otherwise was uplifting to hear. I can't wait to get my hands on other books that she has written.

Jaclyn

Amber Blanke said...

that is so cool itis so nice good in life

Molly said...

Hi Deborah! This is Molly from Book Reviews by Buuklvr81! I am now following you!!! Your site looks great!! !And would you believe this: my first blogger background (before I one was so graciously made to fit my needs) was the same one you are using!! My button even matched it!!! LOVE IT!!! Thanks for the follow!

Blessings and hugs!
Molly

Mary Connealy said...

Hi, Ladies. I had a terrific time with your book club. That was fun. I'm not the world's best with public speaking. (Okay, I STINK at public speaking) but just answering questions and talking, hey! I can do that!!!

Thanks for having me.

ChristianBookVideos.com

Pearls Girls

Woven By Words

Google Friend Connect

Southern Sassy Things Blog

Reviews By Molly

Reviews By Molly”=

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Labels